Maintaining your car during lockdown
Lester Holmes, our After-Sales Operation Manager, gives you some tips to take care of your vehicle while it’s sitting idle.
You don’t have to be a mechanic to take care of your vehicle. To keep everything running smoothly, follow these basic tips once a week:
- Start the engine and let it idle for 5 minutes to charge the battery.
- While the engine is running, check the fluid levels, including the brake fluid and windshield washer fluid.
- Ensure there is no coolant leakage and that there are no rodents nesting in the engine compartment.
- Check the coolant level in the expansion tank. Do not open when hot
- Turn on the air conditioning with the windows open
- Test the pressure on the brake pedal to see if it is working normally
- Check that the tires are properly inflated.
Check out our Facebook page for more tips.